New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best place for online ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where is the best place for buying ammo online? Mainly .300wm, .375 H&H and .270.
Thanks

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.safariarms.com Excellent custom ammo at very reasonable prices.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabelas has a good selection and their customer service is among the best anywhere.

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another supplier:
www.cheaperthandirt.com

good service-and OK prices--sometimes better than others, sometimes not
beer

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aholz
posted Hide Post
All the above companies are good to deal with. However never deal with CONLEY PRECISION CARTRIDGE CO. @ cpcartridge.com. I have placed an order with them on March,10 2009, waited 6 weeks as they stated on their web site, gave them numerous calls about the status of my order. Each time I been promised to get a call from the "boss" and finally on April, 23d I've been told that they have no "components" to complete it. Well, OK I told them to cancel my order and give me a refund for $484+. 5 days later I've called them again and asked about my refund. A lady - receptionist told me that "She told the Boss about it" I got emotional and she hanged up on me. They been playing on my money for 7 weeks, and then did not respond properly on my refund request. No apologies what so ever!!! Well, I ve paid them with my platinum AmEx, so I let them (AmEx) deal with that vendor. The funniest thing that I ordered 375H&H, 30-06 and 7Rem.mag from them. All with NP bullets. Such an UNUSUAL calibers!!! And they were not able to get "components"!!!!
The very same day I contacted Cheaperthandirt.com, and in few days I had my cartridges!
Never deal with CONLEY PRECISION CARTRIDGE CO.!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've bought from some of the previously mentioned plus the sportsmans guide.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com...BrowseAmmoIndex.aspx

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have bought a lot of stuff from the sportsmans guide over the years but the one thing I wont again is ammo. Got some pretty bad looking stuff from them. Most of it went bang but it couldnt be trusted.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+1 on MidwayUSA.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I have used Ables from time to time and have been satisfied

http://www.ableammo.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Twice recently I tried Midway for ammo, Norma A Frame .458WM 500 grain and Federal .375 H&H 300 grain Triple Shock. They had neither. No backorder in the TSX, either.

I have bought a ton of ammo from them over the last several years, but it seems that lately they either are out of something or, in the case of the .458, had to backorder it on a 30 day-plus waiting time. I Googled the ammo types and came up with the Norma at Ables and the TSX somewhere else. Why others have the stuff and Midway doesn't makes me curious.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
aholz, I had a similar experience with Conley. I placed an order with them in 2007, well before there was a general component shortage. I was given an estimate of 6 weeks. After seven weeks I called and was told that my order would be complete soon. After 8, 9, and then 10 weeks, I was repeatedly given assurances that my order would be shipped out promptly.

They never delivered and I finally cancelled my order because I was done with their lies and broken promises. They refunded only part of my money, because they charged a penalty for me "improperly" cancelling my order. I finally got my full amount of money back by challenging the charge with my credit card company.

Because I challenged they penalty fee, they put me in their "bad debt" file and threatened to ding my credit report. They finally backed off when I told them I would report them to the better business bureau.

I fully concur with you that Conley should be avoided.

In one way I should thank Conley though. Years ago I had sold off my reloading equipment after reloading when I was younger. I decided to get back into reloading after the experience with Conley. Within one week, I had a new press, all my components, had built a reloading bench, and was shooting my own custom ammo.