New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever Tried Bullet Samples site?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Found this site and wanted to see if anyone has used it successfully. I for one have over 100 boxes of leftover bullets...seems like I never use the whole box before moving on.....

Now I buy 30 count of a new bullet and make up test loads....only buy full boxes when I am working with a winner!

Question:
anyone tried http://www.bulletsamples.com

Choices:
did not know about it!
have used it more than once
plan on trying it
will skip it
no interest whatsoever

Posts: 155 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its an interesting concept, but their selection (.20-.30 cals) and the number of choices within each caliber barely scratch the surface of the choices out there. Also no pistol bullets

I reload for 38spl, 40S&W, 45Colt, 8mm, .30, .338 and 6.5mm. Just not a lot on their site for me.

Posts: 78 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried it once ,fast shipping no problems. May use again, I was told selection will improve .I used it for load development also.

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
It is interesting, but I hope they expand the companies they carry.........

Thanks for posting this.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
good concept.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had heard of this or similar service once before. Hodgdon even tried this with small 4 X4 oz powder selections and it went nowhere.

The bullet selection seems to be geared to the match shooter and not so much toward the hunter types. Match shooters shoot a lot more than hunters making those bullets worth while to mess with.

Personally I think the bullet companies are missing out by not doing this. They already have the inventory of a full product line. They could take the orders by credit card only and handle the shipping with a part timer unless they have someone that needs to have a little more work.
It might not make them a lot of money but it would be a huge public relations benefit.

The first reloading bullets I ever handled were a sample shipped to me by Speer for a quarter in about 1962.

I just got a 38-55 case sample from Starline on Thursday and placed an order for 40 cases Friday. Had I not seen the sample I probably would not have bought the 40 rounds for testing.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I always wondered when someone would think of this.

Posts: 154 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote