Find
Notify
Tools

Zero Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Ray Fryar
posted
Hello all, Do any of you have any loading experience with the Zero brand 9mm 115gr Hp bullets or any of the Zero brand bullets.
Thanks

Ray
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member

Posts: 106 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I loaded some awhile back didn't use them any differently.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I like them. I have loaded Zero 230gr, FMJ RN (.451 diameter) using 5.5 to 6.5 grains of Unique and 1.260 COAL. This is a recipe from Speer Manual #14. All worked fine. 5.5-5.7 is soft shooting but functions well in a 5" barrel 1911. 6.5 grains feels like a +P load but didn't show signs of overpressure. 6.0 grains feels like a military ball round. I don't have a chronograph so I can't give muzzle velocities. Good luck trying to find Unique.

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
It's been ages since I've had Zeros around here. I seem to recall they are just plain old plated lead. I think I launched a couple 500 ct .451 bricks through my 1911.

Load 'me like normal, fire for effect. They were just like any other plated bullet.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I use the 357- 125 gr. JHP with excellent results. They are as good as any on the market.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot about 15k or these a year (the jacketed ones). Good bullets, but they are perpetually backordered. Montana Gold is also good

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nashcat
posted Hide Post
I haven't used any Zero bullets since the late '70's when I used to drive from Florence to Cullman, AL to pick them up cause UPS wouldn't deliver that much weight at that time. I even got a tour of their reloading operation on one trip. I moved from the area, so I don't use them anymore, but they were a class act back then. I'm sure they still are.

Nashcat

Posts: 331 | Location: MiddleTennessee | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zero makes very accurate bullets, if you can find them.
Their 121gn .38 Super JHP is about the best bullet in my 9x19s, 9x21s, and .38 Supers.
Their swaged lead bullets are about the best swaged bullets I have found (only the Remington 148gn L-HBWCs are superior in my guns).
Thus, as far as I am concerned, you can't go wrong with Zero or Montana Gold.

Posts: 130 | Location: AZ | Registered: 17 July 2010Reply With Quote