THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: 139 grain IB's :how do they shoot and perform?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 139 grain IB's :how do they shoot and perform?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
jackfish: what type of 280 ackley do you have? i plan on taking mine hunting this year to idaho for muledeer, to texas for whitetails and kansas for the same. would like to here about some of your loads and hunting stories using this gun.

Posts: 214 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have gotten good groups with these ib's and then inconsistent groups at other times. i have never shot game with them. i would suppose they do what a bonded core bullet should do. how about the accubonds from nosler. same questions here. never tried these. are they similar to ballistic tips in how they shoot? im using the 139 in 280 ackley. the 130's i have i'd like to try with the 270.

Posts: 214 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jackfish
posted Hide Post
I shoot the 154 grain Hornady Interbonds in my 280 Remington Ackley Improved at 2950 fps and they work very well. I have them seated 0.02" off the lands. I get .9" five-shot 100-yard groups. Very effective on game. Taking them elk hunting this year.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Western Wisconsin | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could not get them to group near as well as SST's in my 7mm-08

tried several different combinations of powder and loads.

The hornady rep I talked to said I needed to go a grain or so lighter in powder and closer to the lands,,tried it with no help.

Do not plan on shooting these for hunting and the SST,s for targets unless you tyr them out first

Posts: 376 | Location: Western, NC, USA | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With Quote