Find
Notify
Tools

The long promissed collection-fotos.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
460wby
How were the cartridges sent to you? Through the mail? Just curious as I might be able to get my hands on some 303-25 for you.

Bakes

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Cossack>
posted
Want 6TCU, 6/284 and & 7mm International Rimmed?

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's so nice to see how we shooters stand together and help each other, world wide!!! [Smile]

Hello Bakes, and Cossack!!
YES, of course I'd like to have those, standing on the shelf, together with the other ones!! [Big Grin]

I'll send you my postal adress on the private E-mail to you guys. [Wink]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heeeey!
I received two packages today. One from a Norwegian friend, and one from a friend in Texas.

From the north where I live, I got a 6,5 Mignon.(A .357 Mag. w/a 6,5mm bullet seated.

And from Houston:
25/284.
25-06 AI.
.257 STW.
6,5 STW.
6,5 WSM.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of old4x4
posted Hide Post
How about a 309 JDJ and a 450 Marlin? Let me know.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old4x4.
You've got mail!! [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arild,
Expect another package coming to you soon with the 6.5/06, 6.5/06 Ackley and the 6.5x55 Swede Ackley........Went out airmail on 4/03/2003 from your other amigo in Texas..hope they fit your collection and you haven't run out of room yet.

Ol' John

Posts: 111 | Location: Hondo, Texas 78861 | Registered: 16 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be to find, by the window looking for the postman, the next couple of days!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'm really looking forward to add those to my collection. Dont worry 'bout the space. I'll make more shelfs if needed. [Wink] [Big Grin]
I still have a loooooong way to go. (to get one of each cartridge of the world!! [Eek!] )
I know I'll never get there, but it's fun to see how close I can get. And every one of them, is spesial.(at least in my eyes) [Roll Eyes]

[ 04-06-2003, 17:53: Message edited by: 460wby ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
HondoJohn6508.
I received some candy, from Texas, in my postbox today!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Thank you very, very much!!

I also received 3 cartridges from a norwegian friend to.
So now, it's added to the list (and shelf!):
6,5x55 Ackley Improved.(John)
6,5-06 (John)
6,5-06 Ackley Improved.(John)
30/378 Wby. (.358)
300 Dakota. (.358)
244 Remington. (.358)

Thanks again guys!! [Wink]

NOW.......this is starting to look like a collection, dont you think?? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
(I'll better update the pictures. It's less space on the shelf now.)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here we go again!! [Big Grin]
"Candy" still pops into my mailbox!!

I would give my thanks to JoeM. for a:
19/223.and,
20/223.and,
20/223.Ackley Improved.!!

How do you get these bullets?? Do you calibrate them from .224" bullets, or do you custom-order them as a special item??

I would also thank "Kimber" (on a Norwegian forum) for a:
7x61 Sharp & Hart.!!

Keep'em coming!! [Wink]
(I promisse I'll take very good care of them.)

<JoeM>
posted
Arild
The 19 cal bullets are only made my Jim Calhoon.
www.jamescalhoon.com

The 20's used to be a specialty item, but these days they are becoming as popular as the 17's

Russ Lucas has started making them
www.smallcaliberbullets.com

Hornady makes the 33 grain Vmax. By the way, their factory is only an hour west of me!

Berger makes the 36 grain MEF that I sent you.
And they have expanded thier lineup for 3 or 4 new weights this summer. And J4 will make raw jackets for a custom swager.

Badger Ridge Bullets also makes 20 calibers, but I dont have thier website right now.

Arild, There is a bunch of activity right now in the calibers below .224". Not real common, its a "seek and ye shall find" proposition. But it is going on. There is a wealth of info here, and on www.saubier.com

I would be there are dozen 20 cal variants and 4 or 5 19 cal variants on this side of the ocean!! Very exciting.

Oh, and one more tning. All the bullets listed above for 20 cal are .204" nominal diameter.
There is another "20 caliber" that uses a .2045" nominal diameter. This one was used by Remington years ago for the 5mm Remington Rimfire. It never took off, and ammo is now hard to find. What a lot of guys have done is order a custom bolt, and convert it to 5mm Craig. Which, essentially, is a reloadable 5mm Rimfire. Bullets for this one can be had from Certech, and they use the same "slick silver" plating process that you see on the 19-223 round I sent you. "Slick Silver", BTW, is some type of zinc.

[ 04-15-2003, 02:38: Message edited by: JoeM ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your information, JoeM!!
I really appreciate it!! [Wink]

I've got two new ones during the easter:

6,5x68 [Big Grin]
401. Winchester Self-Loader. [Big Grin]

In two days now I'll leave for a 4 days beaver hunt.(No, the animal!! [Big Grin] ) I really looking forward to that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to dummy up some .270 WSM's if you would like! Just send e-mail the addy ion my profile and I'll mail them to you.

Mike

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ready_on_the_right.
You've got mail, my friend!! [Smile]

I'll be sitting up in the woods, near the mailbox, and spotting for the postman. [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a nice beaverhunt-trip.
Me and my friends shot 7 beavers, and thats pretty good.

When I came home, my wife showed me two envelopes, received on saturday. [Big Grin]

In the first one, it was a:

6,5/300 Wby. (from Tomjac.)

And in the other one, there was a:

7x33 Sako.
8mm/08.
.300 Pegasus. (all from Bambi.)

Thank you!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've done a trade with a friend, and got these:

.22 Magnum.
7,5 Nagant.
8mm Gas Pistol.
8x56R.Kropatcheck.
8x58R.Danish m/89.(Rem.Carabin)
.35 W.SL.
9mm Pin Fire.
9mm P.A.Knall.
9mm Norma Cattle Killer.
9mm Browning Long.
10mm Power Blank.
10x50 Artillery Primer DM191.
.44 Auto Mag.
12x44R.Hagen-Lund.
.500 RWS.(Tranter)

24ga. Brass-case.
12ga. Brass-case.

Thank you! Nice doing business with you, Richard!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arild, it's time for a picture update !

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The update is coming. You see, I have to borrow a digital camera to do it. I havent had the economical possibility yet, to but my own camera. [Roll Eyes]
I guess I spend to much on rifles and reloading components(?) [Razz]

[ 05-09-2003, 23:50: Message edited by: 460wby ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ready_on_the_right:
I'd be happy to dummy up some .270 WSM's if you would like! Just send e-mail the addy ion my profile and I'll mail them to you.

Mike

Your "babies" have arrived, Mike!!
Thank you sooooooooooo much, my friend. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Finally!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

A norwegian friend donated a .378 Wby. for my collection!! I've been looking for that one for some time.
Thank you, Kimber!!

I'm still VERY open for donations, and would appreciate (a lot) if anybody have something for me that I still dont have!! [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was to a antique military-show and bought this one:

12,7x108 Russian.(?)

Is this the right name?
Looks like a 50 BMG Magnum!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Suddenly I stumbled over some items I still dont have, in a gunstore I visited:

22 PPC.
224 Wby.
6mm PPC.

Nice!! Still growing!! (slower though.) [Big Grin]

Does anybody out there have the new WSSM's yet??
I would love to have those in my collection, and maybe the first in the country. I dont belive anybody have those here in Norway yet. [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
460Wby,

I bow to your genius. That's more than merely impressive. You could spend a lifetime amassing all those cases. You must ripple with pride each time you're near them. I congratulate you. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
460wby--I have half dozen wildcats.458 Hubel
Express, 550 HE, 700 HE. and 3 shorter versions
of the 700.Could you get me 3 of the large 12.8
x 108 Russian MG cartridges,In trade?Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hubel458.
I'll see what I can do, and come back to you.
But I'll have to make dummies of them though, to ship them over to you.

Thanks, Cal Sibley!!
I LOVE my collection. I look at it every day!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
460wby--What do you have to do to make them
shippable/Empty brass is fine with me/no bullets,
powder, or primer is fine.Wouldn't care for holes
in them.Need only three, for wildcat project.

The brass I have to send you is empty and unprimed, is that ok for shipping to your
country...Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven been able of getting hold of more of those yet, but I'll ask the man (I bought it from) as soon as I see him. It has to be dummies to be shiped, yes.

I was lucky to get a 9,3x66 Sako this afternoon!! [Big Grin]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you still missing 8-bore, 4-bore, and 2-bore rifle cartridges?

I don't have any of these, but I would be very pleased with myself if I am aware of any centerfire cartridges that are not in your collection. Nice collection.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Henry!! [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
your missing a 375 ICL I've got plenty of extras if you want a empty or three?

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry DP, that I dont saw this one. I've been on a shooting event for some days. [Roll Eyes]

Of course, I not only would be happy, but I'd be VERY EXITED if you could donate a couple of those for my collection. [Big Grin]

I'll e-mail you my postal adress.

<Collani>
posted
@460wby

What's about the 10.3x60R cartridge?
And another one called 7.5x55 Schmidt&Rubin !!! [Wink]

Good shooting and good hunting

Collani

P.S.: I own both of them... [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now I'm a happy owner of a .450 Dakota too!! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a new wave of goodies is coming in. Today a friend sendt me a:

12,17x44R. Norwegian Remington.(Rimmfire) [Big Grin]
.300 Whisper. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
A 6,5x58R, 22 Short, and a 22 Extra long has taken place on my shelf. [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
460WBY, I have a 218 Mashburn Bee, and a 450 Alaskan somewhere around here if you are interested? I can probably find them if you want them. My parents-in-law live in Bergen and I will be seeing them at Christmas time and could possibly send the cart. back with them. They are loaded now. I can dummy them up if you would prefer or if it is the only way to get them through customs. I am painfully ignorant of these kinds of things.
Ken

Posts: 39 | Location: Pilot Station AK | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Ken.
I'm really looking forward to this.

I'll send you an E-mail, with my adress, and some details.

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waitaminit:
Do you have earthquakes in Norway, Arild ?

No Doubt! Thank God you're not in California! [Big Grin]

[ 09-04-2003, 01:45: Message edited by: POP ]

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only danger around here is if my wife has a bad day, and slams the door into my reloading room. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
416 RUM (416/338 RUM) is listed. Very similar to 416 Dakota, but a shorter neck and of course; rebatted rim.
458 RUM. not very unlike the 460 G&A I think.