THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    can plastic tipped bullets, like Vmax, be used in a Win94?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

can plastic tipped bullets, like Vmax, be used in a Win94?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't think the plastic is hard enough to dent the primer.
Does anyone know?

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
One at a time. Not sure if the plastic will dent the primer, but I wouldn't try it. The plastic tip will set back into the tip of the bullet, rendering it approximately useless.

Stick with round nose bullets.

Posts: 19 | Location: Cleveland, WI, USA, Planet Earth | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As previously stated, you would be ok if you loaded them one at a time, in other words, if you only had one in the chamber not stacked in the tube.

Posts: 336 | Location: Alabama, U.S.A. | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless you deep seat the bullet, the OAL will be to long to cycle thru the action.
Besides, you only need one shot. Right?

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Mike M>
posted
If a soft lead tipped bullet will dent the primer a poly-carbonate tip sure as Hell will. I recommend gettinng your affairs in order before trying this.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not only NO! but HELL NO!!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Assuming you realize that these plastic tips are harder than lead tips, I'll let you answer your own question.

Do you think if someone was stabbed with a hard plastic knife that they could be injured? You bet your a$$ they could.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I think the plastic tip is hard enough to dent a primer. You could load one in the chamber and one in the magazine, so you'd have a two-shot capability. Twice as good as a single shot!! [Big Grin]