New
Find
Notify
Tools

Load for 300VJ
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any load data for one of Vern Juenke's 300VJ Contenders? This uses the blown out 5.6 X 50R Mag case. Thanks for looking.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No data, but isn't Vern Juenke still alive? You should contact him directly.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George, tried that. He had data on the 270VJ, but couldn't find any left on the 300. Had some educated guesses as to starting loads, but I was wondering if anyone had actually used the cartridge with proven loads. I have reloading manuals that go clear back to the stone age, but nothing in any of them about this particular cartidge. I will probably take one of his educated guesses and run with it from a light load and walk on up from there. Thanks all. Russ

Posts: 185 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rpeacock:
In one of the issues of Cartridges of the World in the Wildcat Cartridge section they had a little write up on both the 270VJ and 300 VJ Cartridges. They also gave some reloading data. I don't remember which issue it was. I hope this helps.

Outback

Posts: 119 | Location: Highland, IN USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outback, I will see if any of my buddies have the other copies of Cartridges of the World. I have the 9th Edition only, so it must be in one of the earlier ones. Thanks for the tip. Russ