Find
Notify
Tools

458 Lott resizing die.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
I am trying to locate a US gunstore with an online presence from which I can order a full-length resizing die for a 458 Lott. An RCBS die through the local distributor will take months and a CH die at least 5 - 10 weeks (if and when they send it). Case flaring, bullet seating and crimping I can do with my 458 Mag dies, but I would really like to be able to properly full length resize my cases. Any help would be much appreciated...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Mitch>
posted
Con, Try Huntingtons.com I'm sure he has 458 Lott dies. However I believe you can use 458 Win.FL. dies to resize the Lott brass(better availablity and a lot less money).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mitch,
Thanks for the timely response, it is appreciated. I'll email Huntingtons as after checking their site I'm a little confused on their pricing. If I'm reading it correctly, an RCBS 458 Lott FL resizing die is US$ 127.95 (Part# 56586) when the same die in Australia is AUS $140 (approx US$ 280).
The reasoning behind purchasing the Lott die is that with the 458 Mag FL die I cant resize all the way down to the belt on the case. I'm a bit worried about my Lott cases eventually expanding to the point where they wont chamber or are tight. I take delivery of my Lott tommorow, perhaps my best option is to see whether the problem arises before seeking a solution? Once again, thank you...
Con

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
COn,

I use RCBS FL .458WM dise to full length size my Lott brass. The prices you are being quoted are for an entire set of dies. You should be able to get a sizing die only for under $100.00 fom RCBS or Huntington. Good luck!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Con,

If you take an RCBS 458 FL die and cut the top off it you will get a very proper sizing all the way to the belt, with a ghost shoulder (cylindrical section) at the top. It would be hard to beat with any custom die.

I think Norbert has the exact dimension for the cut.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Con,

If you phone Huntingtons and have a Visa card, the dies will be out here within a week to 10 days.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
Thank you all once again for the timely responses, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with my options compared to 48 hours ago.
Cheers...
Con