Notify
Tools

Bystrom Powder Measure
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted
HI,
Have a chance to buy a Bystrom Powder measure, but I am not familiar with them at all. Any info or opinion, good or bad would be appreciated. Also curious what would be a fair price?
Thanks
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2692 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brystrom is one of the variants of the old Herter's line. Most of the tools worked ok but none of them were really spectacular.
They are more of a curiosity now unless you like fooling with vintage equipment. They are not really common and there are no parts available except by cannibalizing another one.

quote:
Originally posted by tred1956:
HI,
Have a chance to buy a Bystrom Powder measure, but I am not familiar with them at all. Any info or opinion, good or bad would be appreciated. Also curious what would be a fair price?
Thanks
Doug

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tred1956
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. He did not have a picture of it and it has already sold. Kinda what I thought.
Thanks again,
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something better.

Posts: 2692 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote