Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage C-H Tool & Die Press Info
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted
Hi Guys .... Greetings from the Emerald Isle, looking for some information on an old C-H press.

I can't find any model information on the internet but it is a "H" style with only three stations rather than the four in the current model. Does anyone know when the three station version was made and the model description or number. Would there be sufficient leverage to full length size 308 cases or is it only suitable for pistol cases?
Thanks .... Alan

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a C-H "H" press that I use, however it is the single station model. I bought it new in 1956.
Based on the design of the press, I would think the three station model would be adequate for full length sizing 308 cases. I would run the first few cases through the Full Length die slowly to make sure it will work however.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have anm old C - H H type press and would not trade it for anything on the market.

Plenty leverage for FL sizing.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry .... Does anyone have information on the model name or number of the C-H Three Station Press?

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While CH is an old company, it has "changed hands" many times. Been bought and sold and bought again...

ch4d.com is the current operation web address. The times I have had dealings with them, and it has been a while, they were most helpful, courteous, great to do business with.

No idea how the distance will effect things. But you can ask.

The multi hole designs were, per some writers, a bit less precise. Plenty of leverage for average resizing. Design, as you guess, for not having to change the dies doing a lot of pistol rounds. MAYBE not accurate enough to work with "match" ammo for competition, rifle anyway. Maybe. You have to make that call for yourself. Erin Go Braugh! Luck. Happy Trails.