THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    .416 Rigby - Northfork 400gr? or 370? - found it!

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.416 Rigby - Northfork 400gr? or 370? - found it!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After not having much success getting the barnes solids and TSX to shoot at the same spot, I'm decided to give Northforks a try.

picked up the 400 gr solids. Which have been shooting well with rl-22 and 4831.

I then decided try the 370s

Here are two shots each off the bench at 100 yards.
Northfork 370 gr SS - 105 grns of 4831
Northfork 370 gr FPS - 105 grns of 4831

that'll do just nicely! gotta say I'm definitely a Northfork believer now after reading so much about them.
I'll still practice with the barnes TSX until africa.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just FYI the load I've been using for the barnes 400 gr TSX is 100 grains of rl-22.

this is out of an AHR CZ 550

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both my .416 Rem and Rigby love the North Fork 370's. I shot everything else before I discovered them, the difference was night and day as to accuracy. I also recovered a soft from a Cape Buffalo that had traveled stem to stern coming to rest where the first rib leaves the backbone. It retained 99.1 % of it's weight. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Looking good, Bobby!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may have to give those a try. My regular load has been 100gr of RL22 with 400gr TSX's as well. I just got a box of banded solids but have not loaded any yet.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote