THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

super noob question, decapping rod (rcbs)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted
i have rcbs standard FL die for a 6.5 creedmoor.

my decapping rod is bent slightly.

i took a few other dies apart and see that all the rods are slightly different (.223, .243, '06, etc.).

if i get a new rod that is the same diameter, can i make it work by swapping my 6.5 neck sizer over to the new rod, no matter really what cartridge the new rod is for?

Posts: 784 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes.
And there are at least two diameters of pins.
Just straighten the rod out.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
As long as you use the same expanding ball and everything screws in properly, you should be able to swap out rods.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1090 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
old Push come to shove , you can always call RCBS and they may give you a small package of the right pins. If not free, they'll sell you a small bag full. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
thanks guys!

Posts: 784 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote