New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anone have PACT Cronograph
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking at cronographs & know most of you always recomend Oehler But the PACT is half the price. For any of you that have them or seen them work are the ok? PACT says they have a life time warranty.

Posts: 132 | Location: western New York | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a recent thread that may help you out a bit. Good Luck.

Chrono Thread

XWind

Posts: 203 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a chrony that was a POS! Bought a Pact about 2 years ago and haven't had a problem since.

Posts: 83 | Location: Ut | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
BossMoss
I have a PACT and have generally been happy with its performance. The only problem I have had was when a wire came loose from one of the sensors where it had been soldered on. I fixed it myself, the wire was attached poorly in the first place.

JD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Chrony works fine. I have had it for about 7 years now, without any problems.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My PACT Pro works great.I wish they'd come up with an AC/DC 12 volt adaptor though.
Jeff

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With my second PACT chronograph I am unable to meet the results of the "professional". The reading is not only different but sometimes lower, somtimes higher than the reference model (and I do not mean a 10 fps difference).
This may be due to a poor setup (what I do not believe). I stopped further examinations because low temperature is another feature for erratic results.

Let me add that I do not think that this is a typical problem of PACT. If you use two models of an other brand, you may find these differences as well.

And this is an interesting consideration towards the reliability of readings published everywhere.

[ 01-08-2003, 16:16: Message edited by: waitaminit ]

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had my Pact PC since they come out with them in the early 90's. Haven't had one problem with it since, other than shooting the sky screens twice and those are pretty cheap to replace. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a PACT PC2 - love it and have had no problems - have not shot the skyscreen yet !!!!!!

Posts: 36 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
<Montana Cowboy>
posted
I have a pact and it has worked very good.Bought it 5 years ago. MC