New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alliant RL15
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posting this for a reloader friend that is having trouble finding RL15, does anyone know of any available.

Posts: 1878 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He might be late to the party.
It will show up and be gone as quickly as a dog can lick his....well. you know.
So, he needs to have plenty of folks scouting around for powder.
Too many hoarders nowadays.
That term doesn't apply to me because I'm just stocking up. haha

Zeke

one of us
posted Hide Post
good luck on finding any popular powder, I use RL-15 also I have 1 1/2 pounds for my 308 should be good for about 200 rounds

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Other than a pound of RL10X and RL50, I haven’t seen any reloaded powders since September and none of it was west of the Mississippi. The only ones I saw were Tennessee and it was RL19 and 22. Wish I would have grabbed a couple pounds of each.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a jug of RL15 with 4.5lbs in it. That I could sell or trade and not be hurting..

But I don't need to unless the sale was well worth my time and easy.

Other wise it is not worth the hassle of selling it.

I found IMR4064 to be a better powder then RL15 for the same job.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Any powder right now is hard to find. Not impossible but hard to find

Posts: 765 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Found 5 lbs of RL-23 a few weeks ago - miracle!

And right before Christmas, 8 lbs of RL-26 and RL-16!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
I have over 100 lbs of various powder for sale. It’s in California (Sacramneto area).
I live in Alaska full time since retired. Figure out if ya want it? I’ll put you in touch with my buddy that is selling it for me.

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You might try looking for Norma 203B. RL-15 is just another batch of Norma 203B that Normas sells to Alliant and they repackage it as RL-15. Hope you find some powder!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote