Find
Notify
Tools

Präzipress?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
Any interest in this German Loading Press or it's two stable mates shown on the web page? It may run close to a $1000 delivered, however, I would hope it would be less if we could find an importer...

I've been told they are in a class of their own from the few folks around the world who own them...

http://www.turban-cnc.de/index...rticle_id=70&clang=1

Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Very doubtful at that price point. A few will sell to those who want such high end tools. Problem in selling these in the US is that we already have many good presses here.

Posts: 17295 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
It may run close to a $1000 delivered

rotflmo

TOO rich for my blood.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually right at $711 per the manufacturer. Granted Lee still makes the Cast Classic...

Regards, Matt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm . . . what advantage do they offer over, for example, a Dillon, Hornady or RCBS press?

If it comes with guarantee that it will make my ammo much more accurate than it is now, I'll surely consider it. But absent that . . . I'm sticking with Green.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think of this as the German Tiger tank, or the almost hand built MG34.... As versus the Sherman tank or the Browning MG. Beautiful, precise, expensive and impractical. Apparently decades later, the same mentality is at work....

A good job is sometimes just a series of expertly fixed fark-ups.
Let's see.... is it 20 years experience or is it 1 years experience 20 times?
And I will have you know that I am not an old fart. I am a curmudgeon. A curmudgeon is an old fart with an extensive vocabulary and a really bad attitude.

Posts: 324 | Location: Too far north and 50 years too late | Registered: 02 February 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything that can make more concentric ammunition, especially with less runout cannot be labeled "impractical".

The price seems comparable to the excellent Corbin presses, either brother's.

P120 or 140?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Is it more Tiger tank than this?

http://www.ch4d.com/products/equipment/presses/033000

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fwiw,
I believe it it more accurately a Mark IV Panzer. All in all the best fighting tank the German's made...imho.

If you're asking where the CH4D fits in I don't know. Something about looking at the press that reminds me of Bing on the Hi-Fi, Snow in the Yard, and The Christmas Tree just so... As for a vehicle it reminds me of aa top of the line Packard after the war...

If I were to put my finger on the two most impressive presses made today, both would be American Mande(!), and priced in line with the so called competition. I give you the Corbin S Press, aka the CSP 1... Read all of the details it is worth it...

http://www.corbins.com/csp-1.htm

The real bruiser is the MEGA MITE...

http://www.corbins.com/pr-csp2.htm

If they were not so large I would go for he CSP-1 or 2 for build quality alone. That said you would hate yourself loading .223 AI in that monster...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt,

If you decide to order one of the Prazi's in Germany I would be interested in piggybacking. Might save us both a few $$$ on shipping two or three.

If you locate a US distributor, I would appreciate a company website or phone number.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine in Australia makes bullets on Corbin equipment, and when he first started out he used their standard reloading die system. Said he tried every press he could find and Redding had the least run-out.

Other people that I have met that make their own bullets on Corbin equipment have said the same thing.

Not sure if that is true, or just Corbin pushing for Redding gear.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lee Classic Cast Press.

Still producing ammo that shoots great and fills my freezer with meat!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
I have no problems with the Cast Classic. A friend in BR Circles has a friend of his that uses standard O type presses to form bullets with... Do you know the only two presses that are "true" enough to use out of the box? The Redding Big Boss and the Lee Cast Classic! I have zero problems with the press. I just want to try something different on the opposite end of the spectrum...fwiw & imho. I do find it depressing the new Rock Chuckers are not up to the Lee Cast Classic, however, what is is...

Regards, Matt.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I understand! Go for it, Matt!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it ever comes in I would love to see about getting one. I will, however, allow you to blaze this trail across the Atlantic...

Rich jumping