New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aussie 9.3x62 shooters AR2207 ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the ADI manul and Nick Harvey's reloading manual loads are given using AR2208 & AR2206. Well wouldn't AR2207 be the best compromise between these two powders yet no load data is given for this powder. I would have though AR2206 would be neally to fast ??

Could a load using this powder be worked up ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PC

2207 is like IMR 4198 and faster than 2206 which is like IMR 3031.

ADI really stuffed up on their numbering. Another one is 2214 which is slower than 2217.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike,

I looked in the front of The ADI manual and saw the listing for fastest to slowest [Embarrassed]

one of us
Picture of oneills
posted Hide Post
Hey PC, have you received your CZ 9.3x62 yet? I emailed Winchester Australia the other day inquiring about the availability of CZ rifles in this caliber and they told me that they would be importing the lux model in about June.Although i would prefer the classic or the American models i reckon it would make one hell of a sambar rifle. Shame that i just bought a new Browning BPR in 300Win Mag to replace a Marlin 1895 in 45/70. What do you intend using yours for?

Posts: 73 | Location: Vic, Australia | Registered: 19 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oneils,

one of those lux's I have on order. I will use mine on pigs hopefully and just to own a caliber that is a tad different. If you want one put an order on one as this bunch of 9.3's coming in maybe a one off. I to would have liked an American but now I am happy with the lux as it will have irons on it.

I am looking at shooting 232 gr or 250 gr bullets.

THe Browing BPR sounds nice, the old semi auro Brwoning BARS were coverted to .458 win mag I wonder if your BPR could be converted to that or maybe .416 Taylor ??