THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Dillon�s D-Terminator or the Lyman LE-1000 digital

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon�s D-Terminator or the Lyman LE-1000 digital
 Login/Join

posted
I am thinking about getting a digital scale. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about the best one avaliable. Any comment good or bad would be helpful.

Posts: 11 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know much about either of the above two scales although I have used both Dillon and Lyman reloading products in the past and have had good luck with both. Dillon (and other gun product companies) have a great product replacement policy (usually at no charge). For my own reloading I use a Pact digital scale along with their automatic powder dispenser and have never had a problem. Just make sure that whatever scale you use is calibrated before each session and that you check the calibration with your calibration weight every once in a while. Also make sure there is no air movement over the scale from a ceiling fan or ac/heat duct as the strain gauges are extremely sensitive to drafts. The electronic scales must also be handled with gentler care than the balance beams. If you go with the Pact unit, there is an HP printer you can purchase to record your weights using the infrared port (I don't use it myself but it's something you might want to consider). I think Pact also OEM's their scale and dispenser to RCBS. Check out Pact.com. Good handloading!

Posts: 137 | Location: Pocono Mtns PA, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a dterminator for several years. I use it exclusively for weighing cast boolits. It is fast and reliable. The reasons I chose the dterminator are that it has AC adapter, large digital display tipped forward for easy read, and Dillon. If I had it to do again, I would get the same, not that there are other good ones. I just happen to be satisfied with what I have. I still do all my powder checks on a balance beam, as it it always right in front of me on the bench. sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If your considering the Lyman, look into the DPS 1200 Dispenser System. It's both a scale and a powder dispenser that has a memory that will store up to 20 different loads. It's not much more for what you get. It also has a clear plastic hinged cover to protect the pan from air currents while weighing or dispensing powder. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No experience with anything Dillon, but I've had a Lyman LE-1000 for a little over two years and haven't a problem.

Posts: 77 | Location: W. Branch MI USA | Registered: 22 April 2002Reply With Quote