New
Find
Notify
Tools

reloading the 10,75x68
 Login/Join

<Mads>
posted
I've just seen a good mauser in 10,75x68.

I know that woodleigh makes bullets, and that RWS used to make factory ammonution.

Has anyone exsperiences regarding reloading load data and so for this caliber?

Regards

Mads

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mads , not for sure , bore diameters could be differents but if possible I'll rechamber to .404 .

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mads

Nope sorry. But I have a friend in V�rmland Sweden. He reloads that caliber I belive.
I can help you with his Phonenumber i you are interested.

K&B
Niels

Posts: 389 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe Handloader magazine ran an article on this caliber a while back. I don't have it to hand, but perhaps someone else is more organised then I am. Hope this helps. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
Daniel,

I would never rechamber an old german mauser riffel into the .404. Yes I'm aware of the fact that it can be done - and that components would be easier at hand and data more optaineable. But the put a reamer in the chamber would be blasfemi if you ask me! I regard it as being eaquel to giving my wife breast implants [Big Grin] !

Niels,

Thank you very much - I'll get back to you if I deside to buy the gun. Does your friend use the rifle for moose? Let me know if you wanna know were the rifle is.

Best Regards

Mads

<bongo500>
posted
Mads, I reload for this caliber, and will find my records to help you out. You can get bullets from Degol, Delsing, Woodleigh,etc. Ammo is still available in Germany, ask Reimer Johannsen (send him my regards) Brass from Horneber. I know of a hunter who took an elefant in Kamerun with a 10,75x68.
I will send you my loading data as soon as I can find them.

Bongo

<bongo500>
posted
Mads, Jarzombeks has ammo for it too, tel. # 0049 711 473167.
There is a nice article about it in Hatari Times # 15.
Here are my loads, out of 660 mm LWalther barrel, RWS brass, RP 91/2:
75 grains Rottweil 907, RWS FMJ 347 grains= 741m/s
71 grains R 903, same bullets= 715m/s
58 grains R 902, Delsing SP 400 grains= 652m/s
62 grains IMR 3031, RWS 347 FMJ= 698m/s.

Barnes is making solids and x bullets for it.
I guess that you can get good results using Norma 202 and 203, but have never tried myself.

New ammo is being made by Wolfgang Romei (Horneber brass) and Kettner sells it.

I hope this helps

Bongo

<Mads>
posted
Thank you all - once again this forum has shown it self most valuable.

I'm still impressed of the knowledge that we on the accuratereloading forums posses.

Best Regards

Mads

<Mads>
posted
Ups by the way Bongo,

Have you shot anything with the 347 grains RWS bullets - the article you mention in Hatari Times German #15 english #11 - states that the RWS bullets are very bad and have caused the bad reputation of the caliber?

Can I rely on that are rifle made for 347 grains bullets ahs the twist rate that can handle a 400 grains slug?

If I deside to buy I'll use woodleighs for sure!

Best Regards

Mads

<bongo500>
posted
Mads, I never had the opportunity to hunt with a or my 10,75x68.
If I had to, my load would be(for Africa): 72-73 grains of Rottweil 907 and 350 grains bullets. RP91/2.
I see no problems with the twist rate. CIP twist rate for the 404 is 450mm, and for the 10,75x68 it is 420mm.

If this gun is in good condition, and you dont want to buy it, I may be interested in it.

Bongo