Find
Notify
Tools

looking for info on .260 Rem Imp???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of whiplash
posted
anybody have any info on the .260 Rem Imp???

Posts: 158 | Location: Grand View, Idaho | Registered: 13 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whip,
I built one for my wife, a Rem 700 with a Harris barrel and Boyd's laminated thumbhole stock with Weaver 4x16 Clasic scope.
It loves R-15 and 100 and 120 Nosler BTs. After the first of the year I will be trying the new 108 Groove Bullets. The groove in the 7mm has proven to be just about the perfect bullet for my applications and I suspect it will in the 260 as well. The 120 Nosler seems to kill game well out of proportion to its diameter and weight. If I weren't such a nut of the 7mm bore I would probably be shooting one myself....of course I have hers should the itch need to be scratched! Try it, you'll like it. Bill

Posts: 211 | Location: Jasper,Ga | Registered: 19 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Whip, I have one in the works. Infact, Bo was kind enough to share some data. Keep in touch & I'll be glad to share laoding info. I am rebarreling a M700SA w/ a 27" PacNor.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For 120 gr. class bullets RL-19 seems to work very well in the 260 IMP. in front of a 210 M for 3000+ fps. H 4350 EXT works good as well. For a faster burning powder that will give nearly the same results try IMR 4064. Hope this helps some.

May I be half the man my grandson thinks I am...RiverRat

Posts: 413 | Location: Owensville, Indiana USA | Registered: 04 July 2001Reply With Quote