Find
Notify
Tools

Bonanza co-ax primer tool
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of flutedchamber
posted
I just bought a used co-ax primer tool, which uses 3 eccentric discs to hold the case in place, not 3 "fingers" like my co-ax reloading press uses.
My first question is, when did Bonanza stop using the discs and move onto the finger system?
My second question is, do the new co-ax primer tools use the sleeved primer seating plug like my co-ax press, that seats the primer just below the case head, or do they just use a straight primer plug? Thanks for your answers. flutdchamber

NRA LIFE MEMBER

You can trust the government. Look how well they took care of the American Indian...

Posts: 425 | Location: New Jersey The state sucks, but it's better than living in France. | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the early priming tool used the discs, it was only in about their last 5 years that they switch to the plates. The primer punch is the same for either tool. it came with both large and small punches and tubes.the punch is a straight rod so you feel your way unlike the press. by the way the bottom of the aluminum tubes gets kinked or dented easily but if you run into this with the corresponding primer hangup, just grab ahold of each side with a needle nosed pilers and squeeze - it'll straighten right out

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oops forgot - the reason they went to the plates instead of the discs, is that sometimes if a guy put to much pressure on the punch (like trying to reprime a crimped case) the edge of the disc would break off. Anyway if you need parts forester should still have some left

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of flutedchamber
posted Hide Post
butchloc,

Thanks for the info. Yes, I see what you mean about the edges of the discs being a bit fragile if you get heavy handed. I am surprised that Bonanza didn't use their sleeved primer punch like they use in the co-ax press. IMHO it would have been a more desireable setup.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

You can trust the government. Look how well they took care of the American Indian...

Posts: 425 | Location: New Jersey The state sucks, but it's better than living in France. | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote