Find
Notify
Tools

Ramshot??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
New to ramshot powders. It about all I can get my hands on. I mainly load 6.5 creedmoor/6.5 PRC./30-06.... anyone have experience with ramshot?? Educate me please.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Yes and Ramshot Hunter is good in the 260 Remington and the 30-06 140’s in the 260 and 180-220 in the ‘o6. Ramshot Big Game is good in the 06 150-180 as well.
I’ve used a lot of it.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a lot of western powders.
ramshot and accurate crossover back and forth on most of them, but with names far enough apart it makes you wonder.

I wouldn't hesitate.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use Ramshot TAC for my 358 Winchester, Ramshot Big Game in my 9.3x62 and for one of my 7mm-08 loads and Ramshot Hunter for a friends 338 Win Mag. Like most powders, it may not be the best powder for every situation and a good example is with my 9.3x62. For 250 grain bullet, Varget worked much better accuracy wise than Big Game. But Big Game works better with 286 grain bullets. I found TAC and Big Game to be very consistent from lot to lot. All 3 are ball powders work nicely in powder measures. I would not hesitate to use Ramshot powders. I probably have 10 lbs or more on hand.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.

Posts: 383 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
TAC is just as useful as h335 and I have shot 6 of 8 pounder in my 30-06 35 whelen and 458wm for both jacketed and cast where h335 is useful.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
I used a TAC load in my .405 Winchester and reached the exact velocity that I needed. It measured well and yielded an average deviation of zero, so I quit there and went out and killed a Cape Buffalo.
Afterwards, I checked the peak chamber pressure and it was 48,000+ which without my extended .405 chamber would have put peak pressure up over 50,000 psi.
So I switched to VV N133 and got the same velocity with peak pressure less than 40,000 psi. Perfect for my 1895.405 and Simson .405 DR.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Is TAC and A2230 the same powder?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
I don't know. TAC is the smallest round ball powder I have ever seen. It's hard to keep it in the old Dillon RL450 powder measure as it makes it trip done to the case. Read that is does creep out the Clamp crack more than other ball powders.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
A2230 very small too. Some lots smaller than others.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have used Tac, Hunter, and Big Game. They are all as good as any other powders I have tried. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy more.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TAC is slower than A2230, even slower than A2460. Accurate 2230 is the same as Ramshot X-Terminator.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whelenite:
TAC is slower than A2230, even slower than A2460. Accurate 2230 is the same as Ramshot X-Terminator.

Yessir...you are correct. I was thinking of X-Terminator not TAC.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some ram powder, never used it will find out one of these days when I get around to loading bullets.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been a long time, but I seem to remember using TAC for some fast, light bullets (110grs.)in .30-06.

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote