New
Find
Notify
Tools

Box for lots of dies?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm in the process of selling the home and moving out of state.
I've been breaking everything down and crating up for the move - and I'm looking for the right case/crate/box/etc for the reloading dies.

Anyone here have a travel case for a big collection/selection of reloading dies?

I'd thought that there might be a Plano fishing tackle box or something similar that might 'already' have the right kind of pre-segregated compartments built in for this...

I have quite a few sets of dies that have set into a shelf with holes drilled in it to hold them - and they've been stored and used that way since I was a little boy.
We're likely go sell out place here then spend the next couple months or so looking for the ideal spot.
I'd like to have all the dies in one place, in some kind of storage container that I can grab and take with me wherever.

I could simply clean/oil/bag and label the ones that don't have factory boxes, or order factory die boxes from Huntingtons or similar, but if there's some (specifically designed for this purpose or not) conveniently manufactured product that'll handle a big load of loading dies I'd be happy to hear about it.

Anyone here have a good solution?

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow thanks!

Now if only they did something like that that would hold 20 sets of dies...

Looks like I'll be calling MTM some time soon.

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tinker

Those MTM boxes work pretty good.

They are not tall enough for some Match seating dies, but you can just lay them down.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been reducing all the shooting/hunting/handloading supplies into heavy-duty plastic storage system crates and bins from Sears etc.

Was at home depot today, found this for $20
Got two of them

One is currently filled with primers, the other one filled with reloading dies that have been orphaned of their boxes.
Full.

I'll worry about a more systematic approach to the problem when I get settled somewhere.
For the time being I've gotten the die sets that I'll likely end up using into proper boxe for the interim.
I've also set up a trailer hitch receiver-mount reloading bench.

That's my truck on the cafe side street this morning, having sized and primed 20 cases (and gotten a few sips of coffee) before 8:00AM
Made it home just in time to get the kids breakfast and dive into another day of pre home-sale prep and packing.