Find
Notify
Tools

rcbs FL sizer die question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nick321
posted
alright i don't understand something in the directions. it says "the decap rod assembly comes w/ an expander ball/ decap pin holder installed to allow for the proper preparation of a new lot of brass. the decap pin holder found in the accessory bag must replace the expander ball for proper use with the neck bushings." i thought that the die can only be used w/ the bushings sold separately? so when would i need to use the expander ball, if i can't use it w/ a bushing installed? am i suppose to use the expander ball on all new brass? and use the decap pin holder when i am resizing used brass?

one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
If the RCBS is like Redding bushing dies, you can size with or without the expander. New brass might have oval shaped mouth/necks. The expander would make them round again. After fire forming the brass,the expander is not needed if using the correct bushing.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
If you are not using a bushing die use the expander for both old and new. My RCBS FL dies don't have a bushing option.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote