New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 375 H&H Brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anybody know when or where a person (i.e., me) can get some "new" Winchester brass in 375 H&H?

I really don't want to switch to Remington or Norma brass unless that is my only choice.

Thanks

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I called them concerning .458 WinMag brass and they said thay only make limited runs every couple of years and were non-committal on when the next "couple of years" would come around. Midway lists it as "Out of Stock" and "Seasonal Run" and they won't say when it will be available. I certainly am going to buy at least several hundred of each the next time it's available.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Winchester brand 375 H&H brass has dried up and I am in the same boat as you....waiting for the next opportunity to come along. I left my loaded stash with my PH in SA in April and now can kick myself in the butt. I too am reluctant to switch brands when I already have a great load worked up. If you find a large stash by chance and don't take it all post it for us. I am going to get at least 500 rds. next time.

Woody

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I "heard" that Winchester has flat out discontinued it. I have not verified this.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
FWIW, I "heard" that Winchester has flat out discontinued it. I have not verified this.

I "heard" the same thing about brass for the .458 Win. I wonder what in hell gives with Winchester, or should I say Olin? I go lucky and was able to snag 200 rounds of Winchester 7x57 brass at the last gun show.
I've also "heard" that Remington has dropped the 250 gr. load for the .35 Whelen. WFT? probably too much competiton for the .350 Rem. mag. or something.
Winchester brass in .358 win. is also a supreme bitch to find as is ammo, and when you do, it's pricey as hell. One outfit at the gun shows sells strictly factory ammo and they were asking $45 a box for .358 Win. I'm sure glad I handload my ammo.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote