New
Find
Notify
Tools

.44 mag lead fouling pictures
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
this is a picture of lead fouling out of my 44 magnum taurus using .431 laser cast bullets and 6.0 grains of titegroup powder, about 20 rounds!!![URL= ][IMG]

Posts: 117 | Location: colorado springs, co. | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Have you spoken to Laser Cast? They claim no leading. This from their web site.

"As always, your satisfaction GUARANTEED or you money back!

"No leading"

Confused

I have been shooting their 255 grain SWC over 6.5 Titegroup with no problem. Perhaps you got a poor batch.

quote:
Originally posted by wtman:
this is a picture of lead fouling out of my 44 magnum taurus using .431 laser cast bullets and 6.0 grains of titegroup powder, about 20 rounds!!![URL= ][IMG]

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Dr. strangelove
posted Hide Post
what do you do to remove the lead the easiest way?

shooting 44 spc and 430 sized lead in a Uberti cattleman myself, i could run into the same problem...

An apple a day
keeps the doctor away...

If you can strike me!

Posts: 21 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 14 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. strangelove:
what do you do to remove the lead the easiest way?

shooting 44 spc and 430 sized lead in a Uberti cattleman myself, i could run into the same problem...

Well when it's this bad, i am using Barnescr-10 and tons and tons of elbow grease and a brush!! this is really bad!

Posts: 117 | Location: colorado springs, co. | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Check the throat dia. of each cylinder. The bullets should be sized for the throats. Your bbl. may be really rough, is the rev. new? Try shooting a couple hundred jacketed from a clean bore then try the lead, but check those cyl. throats.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fred, this is a new revolver, got it for christmas from my great Wife. Smiler Smiler

this lead came from the barrel is the scary part, even worse, it shoots them very well and very accurate. Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
wtman, Go to your favorite supermarket and look for soapless Cu scouring pads: I use "Chore Boy." Cut open the pad, wrap it around your bore brush so that it's a tight fit in the bbl. and scrub the Pb out. Note: You should use a muzzle protector when doing this. Also, "Chore Boy" can be used wet or dry. If wet, try a little Kroil or WD-40, but not a Cu solvent. Try it, you'll like it!

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Dr. strangelove
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
Check the throat dia. of each cylinder. The bullets should be sized for the throats.

which means?

1. a sized bullet will pass the cylinder with ease?

2. a sized bullet will pass the cylinder with weak resistance (hand feed)

3. a sized bullet will pass the cylinder with hard resistance (hand feed)

i guess #4 is not adviseble... (not able to push sized bullet through the cylinder at all...

i am a rifleman, but this revolver shooting and reloading is great fun!

all new hobbies are fun but this one is nr 1... clap

( hijack)

An apple a day
keeps the doctor away...

If you can strike me!

Posts: 21 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 14 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I have been using the Chore Boy copper pads for some time now just as you describe and they work well..... thumb

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Brasky:
wtman, Go to your favorite supermarket and look for soapless Cu scouring pads: I use "Chore Boy." Cut open the pad, wrap it around your bore brush so that it's a tight fit in the bbl. and scrub the Pb out. Note: You should use a muzzle protector when doing this. Also, "Chore Boy" can be used wet or dry. If wet, try a little Kroil or WD-40, but not a Cu solvent. Try it, you'll like it!

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote