New
Find
Notify
Tools

need 6.5 x 54 mannliifferenther loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
please advise of good loads for various bullet weights.... thanks...

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
From American Rifleman
I think this is what your askin for

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
old If you go to Richard Lee's Modern Reloading second edition You will find many loads for the 6.5 Arasaka and he 6.5 Carcano.These loads can be good starting loads for your 6.5X54 and give you good versatility in many powders. It doesn't hurt to start with some thing below suggested Max.and work up. tu2roger beer

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ery much..this will help a lot..especially if I correct my spelling!!!!...john

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
What rifle are you shooting.

If it is the rotary magazine 1903 MS, then the magazine spool is designed to take the 156 / 160 gr RN bullet. Using spire point ammo can lead to jamming, ammo jumping out etc.

How long is the barrel? My 2 rifles were a Greek 18 inch carbine & a classic MS sporter with 24" barrel & bolt mounted peep sight.

I tried Varget (AR 2208) , H4350 (AR 2209) & VV N160

I got 2350 fps with 24 inch barrel & 2200 fps with the 18 inch carbine - using Hornady 160 gr RN.

The penetration on game was unbelievable.

I would like to see photos of your rifle please.

BTW the above American Rifleman data - last one with 160 gr bullet and 27.5 gr Varget looks very odd. My records show 36 gr for 2350 fps

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11222 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote