Find
Notify
Tools

.20 Practical users?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted
Just got an accurate load using 39 grain Blitz Kings over 24.4 grains Ramshot TAC, 100 Yards 5 rounds thru same ragged hole, well inside my pet dime coin.

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 39 grain SBK is very accurate in my .204 Ruger. I get similar results using Varget.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good load, makes me jealous...Keep it up.

I shoot ~32 gr weight bullets mostly in my 26" Practical...Commercial and military brass...Horn VM's are my fav's...or "what's on sale" or available...and CFE 223, RL-10 and AR Comp, 748, 8208 and Benchmark. Groups usually <1/2 and better depending on brass and how well I've prepped everything else and if I can beat the twitches and jerks and see that day. Dogtown 34's also work great and shoot accurately.

Gotten a few bughole targets but haven't settled on a "goto" load yet, but I like CFE 223, AR-Comp for accuracy and 748 for speed.(3900 fs plus) Most run in the 3800 fs plus range, AR Comp is the low pressure champ ~45-46 Kpsi/~3825 fs...all the rest are 50-55 Kpsi...my rifle seems to do better at the higher end of the pressure spectrum for the most part.

8208 and CFE 223 are listed as high velo kings in the 204 but although I've tried a few loads of 8208 so far none stands out. BLC2 might be a good one to try...and haven't tried TAC yet but it's on the list...I have 2-3# and it works great in several of my calibers.

Too many powders, too little time... Frowner Roll Eyes

Good Hunting tu2 beer