Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes Blue Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted
Just ordered some Barnes XLCs for my 375. I've never used coated bullets. Do I need to do something special to prepare my bore? Will the coating give me problems cleaning the bore? If I cant get them to shoot in this rifle will Wipe Out remove this stuff?

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I've been using them for a while in my 6.5X55. I just make sure the bore's good and clean before shooting them. I get very little fouling of any kind when shooting these - cleanup is a snap. I use the Barnes cleaner for mine, but any good solvent should put you back in the uncoated bullet game in short order. I switch back and forth pretty regularly, just making sure to clean the bore well before the switch. Good luck.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Just use the reloading data supplied. Sometimes it takes 5 or 10 rounds to "season" the bore, but my guns just need one or two, in general.

The blue stuff comes out with just about any cleaner, and I've not seen it build up. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I also use the XLC bullets in my .375 H&H Mag. The advice above works for me. I've been using Butch's Bore Shine and the rifle cleans right up. This doesn't happen with the std X bullets... all night and half the next day. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Sounds like no worries. I use Butch's all the time - thanks for the responses.

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote