THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    6.5 x 55 Swede military 139 grain load duplicate?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 x 55 Swede military 139 grain load duplicate?
 Login/Join

<green 788>
posted
I've just begun handloading for the 6.5 x 55. I have two M96's, and would like to load the 140 grain Hornady Interlocks to duplicate the trajectory of the Swedish military 139 grain ammo, so that the sights on the rifles would be calibrated about right.

Does anyone know the velocity of the Swedish 139 grain military ammo?

What about any common load recipes for this purpose?

Thanks,

Dan

one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted Hide Post
Try to ask LAPUA customer service or NORMA, they used to have great experience with it as a "national caliber"....:-)

Posts: 64 | Location: Zlin, Moravia, Czech Republic, Europe | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ken Waters in "Pet Loads" gives 3 loads that will about equal the velocity of the 139 grain military ammunition:

All loads with the 140 grain Hornady.
44.0 grains of AA3100
46.0 " of H4831
48.0 " of IMR7828
Norma cases and Winchester Large Rifle Primers.
I hope this helps.

Posts: 179 | Location: Westbrook, Maine | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
The original Norma military load chronographs 2532fps in a long barrelled M96. My test over 3 five shot groups show a variation of only 27fps in the average of the 3 strings.
PMC commercial ammo runs 2868fps and is VERY HOT with flattened primers the norm.
A load of 38.5gn 3031 with a 140gn bullet should duplicate the mil specs and is very mild to shoot.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote