Find
Notify
Tools

Pact BBK-2 scale
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted
Has anybody used one of these? I've had mine for about four months, maybe used it three different times. Now when I try to calibrate it, it will not go past the -hold- stage. After the "hold" stage I'm supposed to put a check weight on and then it calibrates it. I've let it warm up, sit for 15 minutes and tried it and it still does't change from -hold-. I don't know what could be wrong with it. I've always kept it in the padded box it came in.

I will probably call Pact sometime next week if I can't find a quick fix. If it has to be fixed I don't even want it back. It is way to sensitive. If you even think about breathing on it the thing changes. I want my $99 back so I can buy a traditional, no BS scale and a powder trickler, and be done with it. (and have $50 to spare).

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine can be finicky like that also. I have found if there is any wind moving around in the room from a fan, A/C, or open window it won't ever leave hold. Might give that a try?

Posts: 192 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you call Pact they will walk you through the reset procedure. I've done it once, and can't remember how to do it now. I thought I had it written down somewhere, but can't find it. I like my DPPS pact scale, but I've heard a lot of people are not safisified with the BBK2.