New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your opinion about PMC primers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
These are "low" cost primers, so I wonder if anyone of you are using them and what experiences you have. Do they ignite well?

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Sorry, can't render an opinion because I have never seen them for sale. Where do you get yours?

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From a Swedish firm www.vapex.se (you can see this page in english, price is in Euro=1,20$). The cost is under half the price of for instance Federal and CCI primers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've read they're made in Russia, hense the cheapness, but I've never heard of any problems with them.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with PMC ammo, I think it's USA made though.

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My main concern if they are made overseas would be if they are 100% non corrosive. You never know with some of this stuff. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IIRC, PMC=Pan Metal Corp. They are a Korean company and did import something called large berdan primers(.217") from Russia. They are labeled as non corrosive and I've not had any problems with them nor have I heard of many problems by others. Probably the most common compliants that I've heard are; the primers can be seated really deep(.030"), the firing pin doesn't strike the primer, or the primer is set with too much force and gives erratic ignition. Best-o-Luck

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote