THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Thanks again for the wonderful information......

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Thanks again for the wonderful information......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Cripes Seafire, you Yanks talk funny. It's G'day not Gidday...we'll have you talking like a local soon I've ordered a 5lb keg of Blue Dot, due in the next month or so, thought I might try Blue Dot in the 375H&H, 458WM and 458Lott.
Take care...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Con,

Keep me posted on how that powder works in the 375 & the 458! In a 444 Marlin, 20 grains gives me about 1750 fps with a 300 grain Hornady XTP if that is any assistance.

Roos driving armoured cars down in OZ now, or you looking to start hunting Tractor Trailer Trucks? Pretty big calibers!
Been hanging out with Texans? or Alaskans?

And G'DAY Mate!

( Actually I was just seeing if you were awake on that Gidday, so you passed the test, congrats!)

Cheers and Bloody Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
thats great stuff! if ya ever get a chance, i'd love to see 125gr - 150gr bullet data!

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Dang ya seafire . . .

I had just sprung for a jug of Red Dot to do some cast bullet launching when you started this Blue dot nonsense . . .
Now I hadta buy a jug of Blue Dot (which has ALWAYS exceded book velocity in EVERY load I have tested in the past) just to test your loads.
It ought to replace many other things and noise level is certainly lower. Kinda important here in the east!

I gotta try several of your listed loads and encourage you to go buy a 45-70 contender to play with.

I will have to sernd you some cast 338 bullets to try also.

The Lee 220 grain is very accurate with 39 grains of 3031 or M-9. Who knows if I switch to Felix Lube and BD maybe I can get the 200 grain FNGC RCBS bullets sto perform!
With that many NEW varibles I will never go to the effort to see which one made it start performing. Got it to hunt with and it shot patterns at 50 yards and the Lee and (Hornady 200 FN) made one hole about 3/8ths - 1/2" outside measurement.

Posts: 4260 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote