Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proper Bullet Seaters for RCBS
 Login/Join

posted
I am new to reloading and, through gifts and the Cabela's bargain cave, have ended up with two RCBS presses.

I recently purchased the RCBS 3 die sets for both 9mm and .380 Auto. It appears I could've gotten off without full sets (some redundant parts).

My question has to do with the bullet seaters. The .380 came with one, labeled .38 RN. The 9mm set came with an indentical .38 RN and a 9mm TMJ.

Does this equate with anyone else's experience?

Is there a 9mm or .380 HP seater? If not, is it just a matter of using the .38 RN or 9mm TMJ that fits the particular bullet best?

Thanks

*** Of course it's loaded! My concealed rock license expired. ***

Posts: 3 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 16 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
the best die for bullet seating is available from dillon. this die can be purchased individually and is called a competition seating die . good luck

Posts: 17 | Location: eastern cape/ south africa | Registered: 26 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Use the seater die that best matches your bullet's ogive.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there's a lot od dies that you can do double duty with

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote