New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman Auto Flo Case Tumbler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My old rock pollishing tumbler has finally given up so its time for a new case tumbler.

I like the idea of the Lyman Auto Flo but before I go out and buy one, can any one tell me if it actually separates the media completely from the case or does it just let you drain of the majority of it into a pan?

Thanks

... the shooter formerly known as 451...

Posts: 78 | Location: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
The cases end with the heavy end facing down, and therefore they dont dump alle the media. At least that whats alvays happends for me.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I have two of the 2200's, one with walnut and one with corncob.

They work great for me.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shooter451 ----- I just bought the larger of the two Lyman Auto Flo tumblers. I think it is a 2500 Model. I tumble so many cases that when I got the chance to buy one I just couldn't help myself. With my Turbo tumblers I could make the biggest mess in the world when I tried to pour the media out after tumbling. With the Auto Flo all you do is open the port and leave the tumbler on and the media flows out of the port into a lower section leaving the brass in the upper section with only a minium of media still inside, which you simply dump out. I was so proud of the the new toy I fooled around and missed the bucket under the port and made a bigger mess than I ever had with the old process. Now with more experience it works like a charm. If you tumble thousands pieces of brass like I do each year, you will love it. wave thumb Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Dane:
The cases end with the heavy end facing down, and therefore they dont dump alle the media. At least that whats alvays happends for me.

Henrik - thats what I meant... so theres still media stuck in the cases after pulling the drain plug.

Phurley - So by leaving the tumbler switched on after pulling the drain plug, you eventually get rid of the media still stuck in the cases.

So it seems its worth getting one then so long as you remember to keep it running after the drain plug is pulled.

Thanks for your help guys.

... the shooter formerly known as 451...

Posts: 78 | Location: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote