New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra 5th edition Manual recall
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sierra has announced a recall on some pages of its new manual, you can call them at 1-888-223-3006,or e-mail them at sierra@sierrabullets.com

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.sierrabullets.com/whatsnew/300RUMReprint.pdf

That seems to just be for the 300 Rem Mag.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
First their bullets fail .... now their manuals!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
POP,
Who in your opinion makes a better bullet for the money? Sierra is what I reach for first and in 40 years of handloading I have yet to have my first failure of any kind! Jim

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
Jim White
I'm with you on Sierra.
However,I shoot standard calibers and mouldy oldies. I don't own any of the latest issue.
I also cross check with several other manuals.
Covey16 Quebec Sierra

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim White:
POP,
Who in your opinion makes a better bullet for the money? Sierra is what I reach for first and in 40 years of handloading I have yet to have my first failure of any kind! Jim

Hornady interlock. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
I recieved my replacement data sheets for the .300 RUM the other day.I e-mailed Sierra about this to see if any other Cailbers were affected haven't heard back as of yet.

POP- You know opinions are like "BEEP" everybody has one. [Big Grin]
I will have to disagree with you on the Sierra Bullets at least as to the .308 150 gr Pro Hunters.I haved used them in both in a 300 WSM and RUM last year and so far this season 6 Whitetails and 3 Wild Hog's later,No complaints here.

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pay no attention to the naysayers of Sierra bullets they just wished what they shoot could even come close.
Here's a link to the announcement Sierra sent out.

http://www.nookhill.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=010261

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by POP:
quote:
POP,

Pop,
I would have to go to the Barnes X. Love 'em. Someday I will have to show you what they do to p-dogs in a .375.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by POP:
quote:
POP,

POP-

Don't let Don read this or your supply of beloved Groove bullets will be cut off! [Roll Eyes]

I'll try to remember this post next time you're singing the praises of Groove bullets....

one of us
posted Hide Post