Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from IL.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of medic883
posted
I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm a paramedic in Quincy, IL. I've been a long time plinker and "gun nut". I'm new to reloading, but have really enjoyed it so far. I ready Lyman's 49th edition to learn the basics and watched what I could on youtube. The internet is considered the best source of information now days so I thought I would find some folks that knew more than me to learn from. I don't know anyone local that reloads so here I am. Right now I have been reloading .45 ACP, 9mm Luger, and .50 AE. After some experience on straight wall ammo I'd like to try to reload some .223 rem and 7.62 X 39. Nice to meet you all and Thanks!

Job security for lead minors since 1984.

Posts: 110 | Location: Quincy, IL. | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard!

You will find tons of information available here, some of it from very knowledgeable people. Just in case, let me warn you in advance...folks here (me included) are human so they have good days and bad days. Don't let a snarky answer sometime turn you off. That same person may turn out to be one of the nicest, most valuable advisors you will ever know.

If you ask a question and the answer you get doesn't make sense to you, say so! And ask for further explanation. It's just like anywhere else, the quality of information you receive will require sorting through various opinions and ferreting out the wheat from the chaff to get the best stuff.

But overall, it should be a gold mine for you as a new reloader.

Again, best wishes; we hope you stay and become part of us.

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
My folks live in Hamilton and I've reloaded for years. That said, and "Welcome!", be careful about how you receive advice. Safety first, then caution second and think it through. Lots of people don't understand that pushing envelopes (read going outside the bounds of published data) with firearms isn't the same as souping up a hot rod. It's fun, and keep trying to find an experienced friend, maybe through a gun club.

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing beats killing something or shooting little bitty holes in a target with ammo you've made yourself.
That statement, of course, doesn't include things that require nudity, a rubber sheet, and a bottle of Wesson oil. Smiler

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of medic883
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wasbeeman:
Nothing beats killing something or shooting little bitty holes in a target with ammo you've made yourself.
That statement, of course, doesn't include things that require nudity, a rubber sheet, and a bottle of Wesson oil. Smiler

+1

Job security for lead minors since 1984.

Posts: 110 | Location: Quincy, IL. | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
Beeman wrong web sight rotflmo

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With Quote