Find
Notify
Tools

Powder Measures
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Burke
posted
My RCBS Uniflow that came with my Rockchucker kit does not impress me.It doesn't meter well,won't cut extruded powders well,and just generally sucks.Before I give up completely on,can any suggest anything I can do to help it along(polish somethings,etc).Barring that,can anyone suggest a replacement.I reload for about 8 different cartridges,so it would be nice to just dial in a load,like on the redding.

Posts: 111 | Location: Western Ky | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
burke

i like you didn't care for the r.c.b.s. powder drop.i bought a redding BR3 and think it does a lot nicer job.then i bought the electric r.c.b.s. powder dispenser! i really like the way it works for me! it isn't the fastest way to go but one of the most accurate i have found.
and they say the harrell measure is the best one you can buy---- http://www.harrellsprec.com/
everyone that has the harrell is crazy about them! i met both Lynnwood and Walter harrell at the supershoot a few weeks back and they are great people! they stand behind anything they sell.now i am going to have to buy one of their to give a try.i know sereal people who have them and they say they can't be beat!
just MHO
muskrat
freedom wasn't won with a banned or registered gun!

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like my Redding alot better than the RCBS FWIW. It cuts the long grain stuff WAY better and is a breeze.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Burke,

I have an old Redding, reload for 11 calibers, and it seems most of them like IMR4064. I've lived with this same problem you mention for years now. No, it's not much fun. One thing I recently read. but have not personally tried was changing the handle on the measure. One reloader put a 10" handle on his RCBS and said the increased leverage really broke through the powder grains, and the unit remained accurate. It seems to make sense. You might want to consider it. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try the Lee powder measure. It doesn't cut the sticks and does a more accurate job. It works the best of any I have tried and I believe there have been magazine articles with tests and it couldn't be beat. So cheap you can buy more than one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a 30 + year old RCBS Uni-Flo powder measure that would not throw 2.8 grains of Bullseye. I E-Mailed them, gave them my address. The sent me a new set of guts. It now works.
www.rcbs.com

Posts: 355 | Location: Roanoke, Virginia | Registered: 29 May 2003Reply With Quote