New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vendor Primer Inventory Availability?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Am looking for a vendor who has large rifle primers(not magnum) in inventory. CCI, Winchester, Federal, Remington are all OK. Anyone know of an accessable online retail source? Thanks.

Posts: 97 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
None.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graf's has BR2's in stock...

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Macifej, is right, it’s been a while since I checked. You better get after them before someone beats you to them.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a rack of Fed 210's from one of my local dealers cause he said he's had no problem getting them. We'll see what happens.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info fellas.

Posts: 97 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on Powder Valley, read as check daily, evey so often Federal 210 and 210M show up. Grabbed a bunch a few months ago and then again two weeks ago.

Check your PMs. I can't stand to see a fellow Texan go primerless!

Good luck!

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Federal (ATK) started laying off personnel last November because they were "caught up". The article I read indicated that the layoffs were about 40 of 150 extras hired to catch up on military and civilian backorders. I have to assume that the distribution pipeline will take a while to fill, but that there will be plenty of components available -- likely a surplus -- in a few months. One of the pipeline issues right now seems to be that some of the larger retailers are having difficulty getting financing for inventory purchases.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they started slowing down to soon.
Obama+policey=best salseman ever for ammo and componets.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO the primer/brass/powder/bullet shortage is a blatant attempt to screw us all. We had over one-million troops in Vietnam during the late 1960's early 1970's. There was no shortage anywhere, of anything. Today we have more powder and primer and brass companies, and less than 1/3rd the number of troops in Iraq. What's the saying "...first your family, then your friends...?".

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently, they are getting caught up. My local shop got in 80,000 federal primers last week. This was the first shipment in a year and half of more than 10,000.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD:
Am looking for a vendor who has large rifle primers(not magnum) in inventory. CCI, Winchester, Federal, Remington are all OK. Anyone know of an accessable online retail source? Thanks.

Mike, I got a 'product arrival notice' from Midway for Winchester 209's earlier this week.

check them out--Good luck--

Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote