New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mmbr ammo box?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What are you guys using for your 6mm Br ammo boxes? I know it has the same case head size as a 22-250, but when I put a br casing into my 22-250 ammo box, it falls down below the edges. Then I can't get the empties out without dumping the whole thing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
jb177
I use MTM R50 series boxes for my 6mm BR cartridges. The case heads are enough above the dividers to be able to pick them up with thumb and finger. But I place my empties in mouth up/head down. I pick them up with a borebrush on an RCBS handle, give them a twist and pull off. Now I have clean necks inside. Then I use Krazy Cloth to clean the outside, ready to deprime, etc., etc.

muck

ps Sinclair International sells a custom heavy box for 6mm BR. Holds 25 rounds with a tray builtin to put the empties as you shoot or what ever. Only $50.00 ????

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
WinkIf you are handy you can cut the top down of the sectioned half of a Midway 209,rifle box. If you want 50 size boxes put 1/2" diameter inserts in each cavity. You might even try styrofoam inserts. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jb177, Sinclair has some custom boxes that are really slick-- a little spendy--but nice.
Sinclair box

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello
I got one for you J&J(1-800-927-8361)6MM-7MM Bench RestBR-100 holds 100 rd
Lightning93

Posts: 69 | Location: New York | Registered: 13 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muck:
jb177
I use MTM R50 series boxes for my 6mm BR cartridges. The case heads are enough above the dividers to be able to pick them up with thumb and finger.

So do I. MTM sells a foam liner, which cut to the right size will fit in the top of the box. That stops empties from falling out of their compartments should the box be turned upside down.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The J and J looks like a winner, I think I will order a couple of those. Thanks.