Find
Notify
Tools

Component supply?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted
Here the components as well as loaded ammo are becoming scarce.

The last store I went to was out of primers except for a few magnum rifle pimers and two boxes of shotgun primers. They were down to the last few cans of powder.

What is it like in your neck of the woods?

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drying up fast. A lot of panic buying.
There are a lot of newer gun owners as well.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am building a 7mm-08 and went to buy some brass to load my first cartridges, all of the online suppliers had some sort of notice about the lack of stock due to the “current political climate”. After searching four sites I finally found someone that had them in stock. Ordered them and waited about two weeks nothing showed up so I decided to call. After waiting on hold for 30 min to talk to someone, the gal told me that they are in stock and have been set aside for me. But they are currently 4 weeks behind in shipping! She said that she has never seen anything like this they cant keep up. This is just crazy!

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I havent been buying from panic so much as I just had a few bucks and wanted to get a few boxes of slugs and some brass for a recent build. I ordered some on the webb, but the "out of stock" items @ midway and Cabelas seems to outnumber the ones that are left. Had to settle on what I could get for a few things. Damn PITA Marxists. coffee

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an order placed with Graf's before Christmas. They had all the stuff in stock. The lady said they had limited Fedex trucks and were limited on how much hazmat could be loaded on a truck. I finally got it on Jan 18. It took nearly a month just because of the hazmat volume exceed Fedex's capacity.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
My hometown is where Grafs is located. So while we were home Christmas we stocked up. Not sure of the hazmat limit for a tahoe but we spent several $$. Big Grin

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a few sites for bullets the other day. Most items were out of stock and they weren't taking backorders on the 3 or 4 sites I visited.
Must be due to Executive Orders Big Grin

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
Visited my local shop up here in Manitoba Canada & they're relatively stocked up on most things component wise. Brass bullets and powder were in good supply...still lots of primers to be had, so I picked up another thousand of each that I use. Have lots of bullets @ home for all calibers I shoot, as well as brass so looks like I'm set.

Discussed the possibility of a shortage and was assured that the owner (who does the ordering) got on the blower as soon as he could when all this started again, and will have stock arriving throughout the year to keep the shop well stocked!! Which is one of the main reasons I always shop there! Their pricing is comparable to the big box stores and often cheaper as he does a LOT of business and can compete with the "big guys"!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
went to my local gun shop today and they are pretty wipped out, all he would let me have was 200 lg pistal primers. of course i live in upstate NY and panic has set in here! I called our the state police to ask about the magazine law for tubular mags and they were caught off guard, they said that question hadn't come up, that someone could have tubular mag that could hold more then 7 shots (mine both hold 12 rounds). Finally after a long wait they came back and said tube mags would be treated the same as detachable mags and would be limited to 7 rounds. Those 5 extra shots will cause so much destruction!

joe45c

Posts: 25 | Location: peru, new york | Registered: 27 February 2011Reply With Quote