Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Nickel plated brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

My � is little bitty and you have a big one? Story of my life. I tried cap locks and that didn't help? Is there a list of what all is hidden in there?

Here's a table, and interestingly enuf, 155 is missing:

http://www.asciitable.com/

P.S. My best time on the RED game is 0.17 secs, and my high on the boxes is 86.

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey folks, I've been using some Nickle Plated cases (but mostly plain brass) since they first came out and only ever had one bad lot. And I just have a few of those left to shoot "once" and trash.

As you shoot this bad lot, and remove it from the chamber, it looks just fine. No indication at all of a problem. Then to the Tumbler for 30min or so, trim verified with the handy little Lee Case Gauge/Trimmer, a chamfer and deburr, then to the lube pad. A quick inside the Neck lube with a plastic bristle brush and they are ready to Partial - Full Length Resize.

Squash one in the Die and it begins peeling the Nickle loose from the neck. Stop, clean the Die and go to the next one. Same-E-same.

I believe I only bought 200 of these when I normally get 500. But, this Lot is only good for one firing in "my" rifles and then they get tossed.

Never had the problem before over many years. Really like the Nickle Plated "Pistol" cases for the 45ACP. As a previous poster mentioned, depending on the "ground" where you are shooting, they are significantly easier to find once they are fired in a 45ACP.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote