New
Find
Notify
Tools

reloading rooms
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Could people here post pics of their reloading benches/rooms? It would be interesting to see how people like to set themselves up.

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you look at Saeed's room, there is nothing to compare it to.

On a scale of 1 to 100, his is a 99, and most of ours are an 8.

Ours are too small, and too poorly lighted. And our rifle range is an hour away.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree Terry!!
I dont know how to do this picture thing!

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agree also, because i am in the process of building a reloading shop in the backyard. The reloading part will be 12'x16'. Would be nice to see how others have set up their benchs /rooms.
h2oman55

Posts: 19 | Location: Mineral Wells,WV. USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Crow>
posted
Well, let's try this.........This should be the pistol side of the room........

-

<Crow>
posted
And this should be the rifle side........

-

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dont know how to post pics here so you'll have to go here..
http://ktsammo.250x.com/shoppics.html

Small but efficient.

Wes

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KTS1:
Dont know how to post pics here so you'll have to go here..
http://ktsammo.250x.com/shoppics.html

Small but efficient.

Wes

Wes,
With a bench at 40" high do you stand when you work at the bench? Anyone else have a recommendation on height of loading bench.
TIA-h2oman55

Posts: 19 | Location: Mineral Wells,WV. USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have only been reloading for 3 years now but I notice that you gradually build up stuff and you kind of creep or sneak out of room all the time. And you have to keep getting more shelves containers etc.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Here's my secret place
 -

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Set up in my garage.

I also use a 40" high bench.

As guessed, I do most my reloading standing up.

-

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<.>
posted
I'll get some reload bench photos together. Digital cameras makes this soooo easy!

So far the theory I've developed about reload bench organization is that shelves provide more free bench space to work in. Free, uncluttered bench surface is essential to being able to focus and stay organized.

The cheapo, funky swing arm lights that mount in the funky, unstable "wing nut" plastic base work pretty well if you preplace the arm screws with real hardware from Home Depot. The lamp will mount in a 1/2" hole drilled into the bench -- which replaces the unstable base. The nice thing about the 1/2" hole is that you can put them almost anywhere on the bench and move your light to where you need it. I have two of these swing arm lights. They seem to be readily available in thrift shops.

Wash tubs, baking pans, cake pans, etc. are excellent for sorting brass and other components. Thrift stores have a lot of these too.

The three tray cat litter box with the litter screen works well for a media separator. Get one for yourself, don't try to share with the cat. [Big Grin]

I've found that tools/dies will rust in an unheated garage. I keep primers, powder, tools, dies, etc. in a heated closet in the house. I move components to the bench in a plastic laundry tub. That helps keep the work area free of clutter that's not being used.

Steel parts on my presses are inclined to develop rust sitting in the unheated garage. I just keep them covered with a light coat of oil/gun slick grease. Just like any fine tool or firearm that you don't want to rust.

Lately I've been dating and pricing my components -- powder/primer/bullets, and keeping track of where I bought them. Masking tape labels work well for this. I'm able to save a dollar here and there by comparing prices. So how old do you think that pound of 4895 in the back of the closet is???

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wes[/qb][/QUOTE]Wes,
With a bench at 40" high do you stand when you work at the bench? Anyone else have a recommendation on height of loading bench.
TIA-h2oman55[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ya when using the progressive I have to stand up the Bar Top bench is right at 33" and I sit to do all my other loading.
When I get the new shop built I will put a 'platform' around the progressive so I can sit to run it.
The darn thing is just to big and the handle so long it cant be run right on the little bench.

Posts: 330 | Location: Oregon, U.S. of A. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 06-16-2002, 17:45: Message edited by: cricker ]

Posts: 236 | Location: Adirondack Mountains of NY | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HuntR
posted Hide Post
Here's mine...a far cry from Saeed's, but it works for me. I can go downstairs and shoot 200 yards off the front porch.

-

Posts: 179 | Location: Maine | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote