Find
Notify
Tools

FMJ bullets for .375?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents,
I have been looking for FMJ or TMJ bullets to my .375HH and can only come up with the quite expensive 300gn solids or tough bullets intended for elephants and the like. Are there any cheaper FMJ bullets around for plinking and practice? The reason for not using jacketed bullets is that the shooting range does not allow either jacketed bullets, or expanding bullets on the targets, since it blasts the electronic marking device on the target to smitherines. only FMJ bullets are allowed on the moving targets on the range, but I cant afford to practice with the premium bullets intended for the big 5. $2 / bullet is too much for plinking.

What to do????

Sincerely
Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hornady has a 300gr FMJ that seems reasonably priced.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you use a hard cast lead bullet? They don't expand and won't damage the targets. As long as you keep the velocity reasonable and use the gas checked bullets there will be little to no leading of your barrel...and they are a lot cheaper than any fmj bullet.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
Thanks for suggestions! will look into both the hornady bullet and into the cast bullets. The only concern is the upcoming ban on lead ammunition here. The law is passed and awaits to spring into action.

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote