New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Digital Scale & Dispenser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anybody here have experiece with the RCBS digital dispense & Scale combo (that use the infra-red ports)??? Seems like a great set-up if you need to do alot of differant loads (as in working up a load and would need to be constantly changing settings...) I've mainly done pistol loading in the past where speed was important but now am doing alot of rifle work and playing with differant calibers and loads. Any opinions appreciated...

Posts: 140 | Location: Cow Hampshire | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
Have used one a few years now and a number of reloaders I shoot with now have them after they saw the ease of getting accurate loads of powder without taking time to weigh them. At first I checked with a balance scale to make sure it was working right, it does. Shoot benchrest a lot and it makes life easier, now would not want to go back to the old way. Good Luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for about 6 months and love it for working up loads. As far as using it once a load is developed, I find it to be a bit on the slow side. I use it more as a trickler in that situation.

one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
I have the Pact model which is about the same as the RCBS and a little cheaper. LOVE IT.
Have had no promblems with it.

One note as the above Poster Bluecollar mentioned useing his as a "Tickler"-I have found the fastest and simplest way to use mine is to use a powder measure like the LEE Powder Dippers to get close to wanted charge weight and then use the dipenser to finsh out,also my owners manual noted that doing this would help prolong the life of the motor.Have also used mine with both "Log" and "Ball" powders haven't tried it with Flake yet but its supposed to work with all Powder types.

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used one since I started reloading about 18 months ago. I think it's an excellent set up and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Some folks find that it's a bit slow for their liking but I always have a few trays of prepped cases that just need charged and seated. So after the initial load is dispensed and I funnel it into a case, I immediately hit the button for the next charge and it's ready before I'm finished seating the bullet on the previous round. Some say this is a 'rhythm' you need to find and that's a good way of looking at it.

The PACT and RCBS must be manufactured by the same outfit as they are identical except for the paint job. The RCBS is usually a bit more expensive but they are on sale often so just keep a lookout and get whichever one is the cheapest at the time you're ready to buy one. I've never heard or seen anything that implied that one was better (tighter tolearances, better longevity etc) than the other.

I wouldn't part with mine so good luck and enjoy.

Cheers,
XWind

Posts: 203 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote