Find
Notify
Tools

10.75x68 brass, bullets ???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Anyone know where to get modern brass, bullets? Thanks!

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woodleigh make a 347gr projectile specifically for the 10.75x68, and I think Bertram still make cases but quality is an issue. RWS cases still pop up now and again if your lucky.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I�m loading the 10,75 Mauser with 347grs SP Woodleigh bullets and RWS cases. My best handload, with 66grs Rottweil R902, shoots under 1" at 100m and has the same point of impact as the factory RWS FMJ.
Bertram cases aren�t good, Horneber makes 10,75 Mauser cases but I haven�t any experience with this.

Posts: 33 | Location: munich, germany | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Huntingtons list 10.75x68 brass from Horneber at $45 per 20. Only reason I know this is I remember someone else posting it...

http://www.huntingtons.com/CasesHorneber.html

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi,
If you wish to reload Bertram Brass, it is not the best. Try Hornaber Brass from Germany. For bullets you could try CH4 Tool & Die who make bore rider design bullets and sell Bertarm Brass too. These bullets have been used by me and seem to be good. Just went through a 20 inch tree trunk and into the gound. Old cases with Berden primer can be found and loaded up if the primer can be got.
Nice, light rifle to shoot. Good luck!
Rhunu

one of us
posted Hide Post
Use Horneber brass from Huntingtons and try and scrounge up some BarnesX 350 gr. 404 bullets..

Also any ,423 bullet (404 Jefferys) will work and its not a big deal to get 2150 with a 400 gr. Woodleigh, and the 404 made its impeccable reputation on a 400 gr. bullet at 2100 FPS...I got an honest 2350 FPS with 350 Gr. BarnesX bullets,and that will lay the largest Cape Buffalo to rest..

Nice caliber the 10.75x68..I have had a couple of them...converted a couple to 404 Jefferys by openning the action in the rear and adding a Blackburn 404 box...The only down side to the 10.75x68 in the beginning was poor bullets..Today you have a number of bullet makers that make suitable bullets.

Don't use Bertram brass unless one firing satisfies you....maybe two if you load it down.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote