New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to Find a Reloading Manual
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I believe there is a reloading manual that is published in RSA about feeding Big Bore Rifles.

I would appreciate a link to where I might purchase a copy.

Many thanks,

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I think its the BASA Big Bore Journal that you are looking for, but I can't find much about it (ie. how to get it).

Pierre Van der Walt – Lawyer. Pro-gun/hunting lobbyist. Founder member of SA Gunowners’ Association, the National Firearms Forum, the Big Bore Association, the Olifants branch of the SA Hunters Association as well as the African Chapter of SCI. Honorary SAGA life member and former SAGA Trustee. World Sport Shooting Foundation representative to UN implementation symposium on small arms proliferation control in West Africa. Arms, ammunition and firearm/hunting book collector. Reloading and ballistics expert. Editor of BASA’s Big Bore Journal, prolific gunwriter. First editor of PHASA News.

bigbore@mweb.co.za

or this....

International Big Bore Association (IBBA) and Big Bore Association

Address: P. O. Box 12531, Hatfield Pretoria, 0028 South Africa
Voice: 27 11 7923134 Fax: 27 11 7923134
URL: http://www.bigbore.co.za
Email: mbogo@bigbore.co.za
Keywords: BASA (Big Bore Association – Southern Africa), ballistic, collector, customizing, historical, Dangerous game hunting, Reloading data, reloading training, Black powder expertise, Modern smokless powder, Nitro cartrridge firearms,
Listing ID: 23307

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
It is called Big Bore Cartridge Load Data Collection by Pierre van der Walt. Published by Zimbi Books. Email address is: zimbi@mweb.co.za

Good collection of information. I ordered mine directly from them and it was shipped to my door without a hitch.

Mike

Posts: 21663 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might also try "Any Shot You Want"... great book on general reloading and specializes in loading the big boys.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LD,

Bill is correct. Art Alphin's book has all the loading data for most any big bore including the Nitro Express rounds loaded with American powders.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the help guys!

I presently have all but three reloading manuals presently published on Earth!

I'm just waiting oh the Deva Weiderladen, the French Malfatti manual, and this big bore manual.

It is hard to express how priviledged I feel to have had so muchhelp and guidance on the board in the last 3 1/2 years!!!!

LD

The any load you want book opened my eyes to many possibilities serveral years ago.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21663 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:

I presently have all but three reloading manuals presently published on Eart!

I'm just waiting oh the Deva Weiderladen, the French Malfatti manual, and this big bore manual.

John Charlie, do you need any help obtaining the Malfatti?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes Wink,

I do. My francais goes back to my seventh grade in middle school. I was rebuffed on one website that I attempted to buy from (they must habve found out that I work 60 hours per week when well, and 40 hours per week when on my death bed Big Grin). They also discovered that I have fired four medical assistants in the last seven years simply because they weren't inclined to work.

If you would be so kind as to mail me a copy, I would be happy to pay in advance. It looks like a nice manual, and a good way to learn/relearn francais. Then I can go to Alsace and visit all my distant relative Smiler.

Actually, the main problem is that there is no provision on the web site for shipping to the United States. If there is some way to do that so we don't have to pay the VAT, that would be great.

Thaks for your help Wink,

LD

PS I was able to send them an e-mail about purchasing the book. It took 15 minutes with my English-French dictionary. I will let you know what they say in the next day or two. I hope to hell that I didn't misspell any of the words.

The last time I was in France (1986) I transposed similar sounding verbs while talking to a belle femme. She slapped my face pretty hard. Then she saw the horror on my face as a realized my faux pas. She took pity, and brought me to her parents home for the evening meal, and showed me the local sights the next day. So much history in every square kilometer.

Next time I will go to Aix en Provence instead of Normandie Wink.

One of Us
Picture of PeterV
posted Hide Post
Lawndart,

I see Pierre on a regular basis as we do business together and are both actively involved in the Big Bore Association - he has an agent in the USA that stocks his books, alternately you can get it via the Zimbi link already provided.

The contact details supplied by Canuck are a little dated - drop me a PM and I'll send you his current email / telephone numbers.

PS - We have published a number of Pierre's articles in the members section of our Hunters Guild website (www.africanhuntersguild.com)- take out a free registration, log on and go to rifles section - should provide you with some reading material while you wait for your book.

Peter V
www.africanhuntersguild.com
southern Africa

Posts: 90 | Location: southern Africa | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many Thanks Peter,

I ordered a copy from Zimbi today.

I will check out the articles on the Guild site.

It may be of some interest that we are developing a line of "Tropical" loads of the popular African Big Bore cartridges. For example, down loaded 416 Rem Mag and 460 Weatherby cartridges that will function without seizing in the lowveld at 45 degrees...