Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Neck turning equipment
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted
Just as long as you stay away from the Forster handheld. My case holder lasted 3 cases.... HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have both the Sinclair and the Wilson. I find myself using the Wilson 90% of the time. Sinclair is nicer when doing just a few, but the Wilson is the ticket when doing many. Nice thing about the Wilson Neck Turner is that you can get the trimmer cutter/reamers, etc., and have a multi-purpose unit. Bad thing is that you will probably need a case holder for each caliber, unless you have 'like' calibers (270/30-06, etc.). Whatever you choose, I feel the Sinclair expander mandrel body and mandrels are a must; get the standard and .001 oversize for each caliber you turn. Negative about them? The Wilson doesn't offer anything bigger than a 30 cal and Sinclair only makes mandrels to .338. Had a .373 and .374 mandrel made up for the Sinclair for use with my .375 H&H by a gunsmith--ouch!

Posts: 77 | Location: W. Branch MI USA | Registered: 22 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
anyone use the Lyman that is used with their trimmer.

I would only use a trimmer for neck turning as I really like the Lee case length trimming tools - simple and efficient design.

Posts: 134 | Location: MO | Registered: 17 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HankinColorado
posted Hide Post
K&M, electric screwdriver, and an extra battery pack

Hank

Posts: 225 | Location: Colorado Springs USA | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed, K&M plus electric screwdriver. Very nice piece of kit and very consistant results with the wide variety of cases I load. If you do get one (K&M), purchase the expanderiron with mandrel for your calibre as well.

Posts: 136 | Location: England | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bajabill, the lyman tool used with their trimmer is junk. I tried it and probably ruined as many cases as I turned properly
Can't comment on the K&M but I have the Sinclair tool and it took most of the hassle's out of case neck turning for me. I use it with a low speed power drill and it works quickly.......DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote