New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 300WSM
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ballistics tables show the 300WSM to be standing a little taller in the saddle at 500 yards, or what we in Nevada call a short, little shot. I don't have the numbers right in front of me, but it's several inches. Anybody...?

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought my 300WSM a year or so after I started to handload. It seemed very logical since I new very little about loading and nothing about belted mags. I don't care much about recoil in this area of caliber, so that was not a factor. I did buy into the idea of shorter action being stiffer and more accurate, but mainly it was just a cute little cartridge.

Most important I have been very pleased with the way it responds in the field although I have already missed with it once. (170 class in Alberta BUUUCK FEVER)

Simdow

Posts: 189 | Location: Asheville NC | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Kimber 8400 chambered for the .300 WSM on my wish list.

Posts: 407 | Location: Olive Branch, MS | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
The significant differences are the length of the case...and the belt...at the risk of sounding like a smart ()*() Ive been shooting the short one since right after it came out. Its a cool little round.

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote