New
Find
Notify
Tools

sierra's new design
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have read about Sierra buiding their bullets with a thicker jacket, in order provide with deeper penetration. Has anyone had the opportunity to test them in game, and, does the new design apply to all weights and calibers?
Thanks.
Montero

Posts: 874 | Location: Madrid-Spain | Registered: 03 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't gt your hopes up. So far there has only been one report of thicker jackets on the 6.5 bullets.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Slamfire>
posted
I read that Remington has released and "Ultra" Corelokt. The cutaway looks very much like the original corelokts but with a much heavier jacket. "Cup" type bullets will survive. Nothing fancy, just do the job.

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I e-mailed Sierra and received an answer. Rich said that they will not change anything. He further stated that Sierra bullets are already "Premiun" they just do not feature a "controlled expansion enhancement". Then he went on to say that choosing the right bullet is the key. This last statement is the one I always had, and will always have a problem with. How do I know exactly the range of the shot I will be presented with? And how do I know that I will get a rib shot and not only a shoulder? Why is it that Sierra always gives you that statement? You can use the partition, failsafe, Trophy bonded, Barnes X etc. anytime and any range!!!

------------------
"If guns are outlawed...only outlaws will have guns!

"We should not say the Greeks fight like heroes. We should say that heroes fight like Greeks"... Winston Churchill

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot Sierra bullets at various ranges and have taken chest, rib and shoulder shots at various angles and have never had a problem with the performance of their bullets.

Posts: 598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 16 June 2000Reply With Quote