Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mold handles
 Login/Join

posted
I have recently bought a double cast mold to start casting hardcast bullets with.
I know they will take RCBS mold handles but was wondering if Lee handles would fit as they are cheaper?

Posts: 18 | Location: Perth | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Lee molds. The handles appear to be riveted in place, rather than attached to the mold with screws.

Unless Lee has changed its manufacturing process, I'd guess that company's handles will not work on other manufacturers' molds.

Posts: 26 | Location: Tekamah, Nebr. | Registered: 26 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I figure Hutzpah is talking about using Lee 6-cav handles. Is "double cast" a brand name? If RCBS will fill the bill the the Lee oughta for a smaller bill.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of new Lyman moulds that I put a set of Lee handles on. Works just fine. I had a older RCBS mould that I had to file down the Lee handles a little to work. BM

Bill

Posts: 128 | Location: Hensley, AR | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
First of all thanks very much for all the replies.

I have a .30 caliber two cavity mold suitable for my 30 carbine.
Lee's website says "Fit not only lee six cavity blocks but most other brands one and two cavity molds".
I was just wondering if the most meant RCBS molds.
I have to buy some other items from them so I thought I would grab a mold handle as well.

Posts: 18 | Location: Perth | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of the LEE 6 cav handles. They fit my molds from mountain molds, RCBS and Lyman.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Lar45 -

Question - Will the Lee 6-cavity handles fit both small and large block Ideal/Lyman moulds?

I have over 110 moulds in my shop downstairs, about 60+ of which I have invested in handles for...might handle-up the rest with Lee 6-cavity handles (which I never seen) if they will fit both block sizes...

Thanks,

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote